Master International Management: International Marketing
Successfully shaping branding.
Key information at a glance
Next start of studies
Bad Honnef: March / September
Berlin: April / October
Language of instruction
General management know-how perfectly combined with marketing expertise
Marketing managers assume a key position in national and international companies: They design the central marketing and brand strategy, are responsible for the identification and evaluation of target groups and their needs, play an essential role in product development and marketing and contribute significantly to a company’s success through the development and implementation of communication and marketing concepts. Our Master’s degree programme prepares you for a career in marketing, sales and brand building with the perfect combination of specific marketing knowledge and general management know-how.
Facts about the degree programme
Master of Arts (M.A.)
Bad Honnef, Berlin
full time: 4 or 6 semesters
Bachelor’s degree, proof of English language skills
International Management for career changers
A degree within a year
When you pursue our two-semester International Marketing programme, you will focus on subject-specific skills and receive your Master’s degree after just one year.
Studying in Berlin
Berlin is Germany’s premier Hot spot: international, intercultural and the leading city for innovation and start-ups – It’s just the right place to prepare for an international career with an English-language Master degree programme. Historical sights, museums, theatres, music and a club scene make Germany’s capital a city full of possibilities. To change the viewing direction, simply drag the image with the mouse pointer in the desired direction.
What you will learn from us
The Master’s degree programme prepares you for different management roles with a focus on Marketing Management:
How does the course of studies work?
- You deepen your expertise in marketing and sales-related issues – with a focus on international corporate governance.
- Using practice-oriented concepts, you acquire skills in the areas of planning, implementation and control as well as international market launch and market development strategies.
- You also train soft skills such as communication and intercultural competence in addition to methodological skills.
In the third semester of your Master's programme in International Management, you choose your major and set your personal focus.
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Economics or similar from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
If you have a Bachelor´s degree of 3 years from fields other than Business or Management you can still access this Master by doing our Business-Preparation Semester (Path2Master).
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your different options.
Where you will be studying
Students who want to focus diligently on their studies but also enjoy themselves shouldn’t have to spend their time in crowded lecture halls, dusty libraries or long queues in front of their professors’ offices. Small study groups ensure you receive excellent support at the IUBH and have a “direct line” to the lecturers. Our professors and lecturers have a wealth of practical experience and outstanding expertise; many of them are still active in companies in addition to their work at IUBH. Our different campuses offer you everything you need for your education and well-being: modern seminar rooms, libraries, IT support, WIFI and a canteen; and in Bad Honnef there is also a café and a bar right on campus.
Our professors and lecturers attach great importance to a close link between theory and practice. After all, most of them gained experience at international level themselves – and would also like to pass this on, for example through:
- case studies, projects and internships
- field trips to well-known companies
- dialogues with recognised business leaders within the framework of regular IUBH Business Talks