You have passion, curiosity and a drive to succeed. We have inspiring teachers and innovative courses. Find out how Douglas can ignite your potential.
Douglas instructors are passionate about their specialties and your success. Our students say the combination of great teachers and more interaction in smaller classes helps them learn better. Learn more about some of our great teachers .
Many ways to get ahead
Each year about 14,000 students choose Douglas
. Every student has different needs - so we provide many ways to succeed.
State of the art
- complete a 2-year Associate Degree and then head straight into 3rd-year university
- prepare for a great career in over 40 specialties
- earn a degree in 9 specialties
- select courses to discover your passion or upgrade your academic skills
- get career upgrading or retraining
Study in cutting-edge learning areas; just to name a few:
- Laura C Muir Performing Arts Theatre
- Nursing and Health Science labs
- Sport Science lab
- Student computer labs and media centres
You don't need binoculars to see your prof at Douglas. You get more one-on-one time with your instructor and classmates. Students say it's one of their favorite features here.
Lower tuition - real value
Combining an excellent learning environment with low tuition fees
, Douglas offers great value. Planning on getting a Bachelor's degree? Start with 2 years at Douglas - you'll save about $4,000 and earn the identical degree. Thinking about career training? Complete a 2-year diploma and save every year.
Convenient locations Our 2 major campuses are located in the heart of Metro Vancouver
- New Westminster Campus - 1 block from the New West SkyTrain Station
- David Lam Campus - 1 km north of Coquitlam Centre Mall
Fun and enriching
You'll study hard at Douglas but make some time for yourself. Attend a free concert . Join a varsity team - or take a fitness class . Travel on a special project . Enjoy great times - and gain new friends.
Major Learning Centres:
David Lam Campus (Coquitlam), New Westminster Campus, Surrey Training Centre
$80 million per year
year-round with Fall, Winter and Summer semesters
Enrolment (per year)
- 14,000 credit students (full-time and part-time)
- Over 7,000 FTE (Full-Time Equivalent) students in credit programs
- 500 FTEs in contract training
- 5,500 Continuing Education registrants
- First and Second Year: $83.55 per credit
- Third and Fourth Year: $100 per credit
- International Students: $385 per credit
- 500 Faculty (plus 300 part-time, contract faculty)
- 100 Continuing Education instructors
- 300 Staff (plus 100 on-call auxiliaries)
- 60 Administration staff and managers
Bachelor's Degrees, Associate Degrees, Diplomas, Certificates, Citations