- 8 courses + research project + internship
- This program option typically focuses on an implementation of specific solutions or a thorough analysis of a specific topic with a significant contribution.
- The research project requires a supervisor who may be faculty member at any institution and a reader from one of the three Faculties at Dalhousie (Computer Science, Management, Law) who is a member of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- The project should be approximately 40-60 pages in length but this may vary depending on the topic chosen.
- The sturequires a public thesis defense.
Research Paper Option
- 10 courses + research paper + internship
- This program option offers the study of a specific topic beyond the typical coverage in a course and requires a written report that is evaluated by a reader from one of the three Faculties of Computer Science, Management, or Law.
- The research paper must be augmented with two additional Available Courses relevant to the area of specialization. The research paper must make a contribution but is not expected to generate new data or theories. It must demonstrate serious critical thinking and a review of the literature. No public presentation is required.
- The research paper should be approximately 30-40 pages in length. This is simply a guideline and will vary depending on the chosen topic.
Technology oriented courses
- ECMM 6012 Electronic Payments and Security
- ECMM 6014 Databases and Data Mining for Electronic Commerce
- ECMM 6016 Networking for Electronic Commerce
- ECMM 6018 Enterprise Networking for Electronic Commerce
- CSCI xxxx Graduate computer science elective - prerequisite: CS undergraduate core plus permission of instructor. For a complete list visit the Registrar Academic Calendars.
- Candidates may take other Computer Science courses if they have appropriate prerequisites and obtain approval from the committee.
Business oriented courses
- ECMM 6022 IT Project Management (recommended)
- ECMM 6024 New Venture Creation (to be replaced by BUSI 6007 Starting the Emerging Technology Venture)
- BUSI 6313 Organizational Change
- BUSI 5401 Marketing Management
- BUSI 6420 Marketing Informatics
- BUSI 6517 Managing the Information Resource - prerequisite: permission of instructor
- BUSI 6522 Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining - prerequisite: permission of instructor
- BUSI 6516 Database Management Systems - prerequisite: BUSI 5511 or permission of instructor
- BUSI 6409 Internet Marketing
- PUAD 6026 e-Government: International Experiences and Perspectives
- PUAD 6500 Business and Government
- PUAD 6555 E-Government,; Information Technology; International Experiences & Perspectives
- Candidates may take other MBA courses if they have the appropriate prerequisites (except BUSI 6520 and BUSI 5511).
Policy oriented courses
- LAWS 2019 Law and Technology (recommended)
- ECMM 6068 Internet and Media Law (recommended)
Further studies in the law specialization may include:
- LAWS 2130 International Trade Transactions
- LAWS 2159 Advanced Health Law
- LAWS 2183 Privacy Law
- LAWS 2178 Intellectual Property