ACCT 110 Financial Accounting 1
ACCT 140 Managerial Accounting
BUS 120 Business Law
BUS 130 Business Communications
BUS 140 Business Info. Technology
BUS 141 Business Information Systems
BUS 150 Introduction to Management
ECON 102* The Canadian Economy
ENGL 150 English Composition
FIN 110 Business Finance 1
MARK 110 Introduction to Marketing
*ECON 103 or ECON 104 may be substituted with permission of the Program Chair.
BUS 214 Leadership Skills
TMGT 210 Canadian Perspectives in Tourism
TMGT 220 Risk Management in Tourism
TMGT 230 Service Operations
TMGT 240 World Perspectives in Tourism
TMGT 250 Community Tourism
TMGT 260 Sustainability in Tourism
TMGT 270 Indigenous Tourism Perspectives
TMGT 280 Integrated Practice in Tourism
BUS 280 Entrepreneurship
Electives may include:
* any 200-level or higher School of Business credit course;
* any HMGT course, with permission of the Chair.
* any one (1) language course;
* Other appropriate School of Business Tourism courses may be transferred with permission of Chair (examples include: TOUR 121V, TOUR 122V, TOUR 224V or TOUR 225V).
Progression to Second Year Options
We encourage you to attend 'career options' activities and meet with the department Chairperson or Program Leader responsible for the diploma(s) that you are interested in pursuing after first year. You will be advised to prepare a Personal Learning Plan (PLP) before these meetings as this will help to identify questions for the Chairperson or Program Leader.
You're required to successfully complete a minimum of eight of the 11 first year courses and have completed the specific individual first-year course requirements for the Tourism Management Option before being admitted to second year.
Year 1 Management Option, plus:
COOP 100 Workplace Education Prep
BUS 101 Co-operative Work Experience 1
Co-operative Work Experience 2
Eligibility for Co-op/Internship Work Experience
* To be eligible to participate in Internship or Co-op, students must successfully complete a minimum of ten of the 11 first year courses, obtain a minimum GPA of 3.0, and complete COOP 100, prior to the first work term (Internship) and all subsequent work terms (Co-op).
Co-op/Internship Completion Requirements
* In order to receive a Diploma in Business Administration, Co-operative Education Designation, two (2) Co-op work terms must be completed satisfactorily.
* In order to receive a Diploma in Business Administration, Internship Designation, one (1) work term must be completed satisfactorily.