Established in 1980, CTC has been the leader in providing top quality Hospitality and Tourism Education in British Columbia to over 30,000 satisfied students. We are the only specialty College in British Columbia that focuses on all aspects of tourism training for in class and online instruction. Our focus is to provide our graduates with the skills to gain positions within our vast industry. Our specialty is helping students launch their new careers in the global Hospitality & Tourism industry.
* The First College to be Provincially Accredited by the Private Career Training Institutions Agency of B.C (PCTIA).
* Two time Business Excellence award winner & Cultural Diversity Award winner.
* CTC is proudly BC owned and operated by Women Entrepreneurs.
* Our Tourism programs have the highest level of 5 Star program endorsement from the Canadian Institute of Travel Counsellors including; Travel & Tourism Business Management, Hospitality & Tourism Management, Travel & Tourism Business Management Co-op and Travel and Tourism.
* CTC is proud to be the only International Air Transport Association (IATA) Authorized Training & Examining Center (ATC) College in Western Canada.
* Are you interested in earning two tourism diplomas at the same time? We are the only College in BC offering dual tourism diplomas by including the Travel & Tourism Foundation Level curriculum from IATA. This means that as a successful student, you will earn CTC’s highly recognized Diploma and one from IATA which allows you to use the DTTF (Diploma in Travel and Tourism Foundation) designation after your name. This designation is internationally recognized and in British Columbia, is unique to CTC grads.
* We are the only College in British Columbia to provide you with live Apollo Airline Reservations training and the only College to offer training on 3 different airline reservation systems.
* CTC is privileged to be the only College in BC to offer Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) training with Associate Cruise Program ACP certification.
* Are you interested in earning two hospitality diplomas at the same time? Again, because we offer specialized Hospitality & Tourism education, we can offer dual certification in our Hospitality & Resort Management programs. As a graduate, you will earn CTC’s Hospitality Diploma and if you so choose, you can add seven additional American & Hotel Lodging Association (AH&LA) textbooks to your educational plan and earn the Hotel Management Diploma from AH&LA.
* CTC has enjoyed a long time relationship with one of the major airlines at Vancouver International Airport. We are pleased to say that we are the only College to be able to offer our Flight Attendants actual airline simulator training at Vancouver International Airport taught by airline flight instructors.
* We were the first private college in B.C. to offer Adventure Tourism Diploma training with a new focus to sustainable outdoor tourism.
* CTC is the only College in BC to offer online courses for both travel and hospitality training.
* When you come in for a College tour, ask for a “free” computer skills assessment that will provide a printed report indicating your level of digital literacy.
* The majority of CTC’s programs are scheduled over 3 days so you can balance your education with work and lifestyle. You will save transportation costs, daycare costs, have more time to focus on your education and be kind to the environment.
* Most of CTC’s programs include one month of on the job work placements that provides the all important liaison from the classroom theory to the work environment and some programs provide paid co-op placements for up to one year.
* CTC is proud to announce that we are a “Microsoft IT Academy” organization. Microsoft states that “In recognition of your commitment to student success through excellence in IT education” we have been granted this status. You will continue to have access to the highest quality IT training through this affiliation.
* Your career is just starting with CTC and our programs offer transfer credits to Universities and Colleges around the World. Check out the transfer credit section of our web site to see the list of receiving institutions. It changes all the time as more agreements are arranged.
* CTC is known to host some of the World’s largest Tourism companies during recruitment periods. Most frequent visits are from Club Med (All inclusive World Famous Resorts), Royal Caribbean Cruise lines, Norwegian Cruise lines, Carnival Cruise lines, Disney and Disney Cruise lines.
* CTC offers lifetime placement assistance and all job opportunities are posted on the “Career Hunters” job section on our web site. This area is password protected for CTC students and Alumni. (Please contact us for the access codes)
* Industry contacts CTC frequently with their employment needs. We make these jobs available for all current and alumni students on the Career Hunter job section of the web site. It’s a free job placement for Industry and it’s free access for students to search for employment opportunities.
We recommend that you take the time to research a number of schools and programs and to take the time to visit as many as you can. This will give you an opportunity to ask questions, see what the school looks like, and see for yourself if the students are happy and to get an invitation to sit in and audit a class.
We would like to invite you to come in for a College tour so that you can get a "feel" for what it would be like to be a student at CTC. We have small class sizes, we offer creative and intriguing classes, our students have fun while they learn, our instructors have many years of industry experience and education credentials, we include on the job training in almost every diploma program and offer a “free” computer skills assessment with results that you can take home the same day!
We are proud to be entering our 30th year of providing top quality travel, tourism and hospitality training to thousands of graduates. Come in and find out why CTC graduates are so successful. We look forward to meeting you.
Full-time (morning and afternoon classes 3 or 4 days per week depending on campus location)12 weeks - 240 hours - 2.8 monthsThis course is vital in assisting the potential Flight Attendant in developing the professional image that airlines seek, while increasing...
One day - 8 hoursFirst aid is now a most critical aspect of the travel, tourism and hospitality industry and is a key requirement in all recruitment phases for the travel, tourism and hospitality professional. This one day course includes basic first aid skills...
Full-time (Morning and Afternoon classes 3 days per week)38 weeks - 840 hours - 8.9 monthsThe world of hospitality is interesting, diverse and varied. As a consequence, students wishing to join this popular and growing industry will find the Hospitality Cruise...
Full-time (morning and afternoon classes 3 or 4 days per week depending on campus location)12 weeks – 288 hours - 2.8 monthsThe World of hospitality is interesting, diverse and varied. As a consequence, students wishing to join this popular and growing industry...
English for Hospitality is an interactive course designed to help you learn the fundamentals of working in the hospitality industry. By studying with us you will learn not only new language skills, but most importantly how to practically apply them in everyday...
Working in hospitality you are likely to be serving beer or wine sooner or later. This course will teach you about the different types of beer available, e.g. lager, pilsner, ale, stout, etc, which countries around the world brew them, how to describe the different...
Part-time Studies6 Saturdays taken over several months - 33 hoursCTC offers a complete and comprehensive training and preparation course that is compulsory for all students wishing to gain overseas placements. The International Employment Training Certificate...
Full-time Diploma: 46 weeks – 1335 hours The Adventure Tourism Business Diploma is a unique and exciting way to achieve business competency along with professional practical skills training. This interesting and diverse Diploma has something...
Local Tour Guide Certificate38 hours - .5 monthsCanada enjoys a high profile with both local and international tourists and is well known for its natural history, scenic vistas and friendly people. Many tour operators bring tourists to Canada and as part of...
Enjoy the luxury of having access to Microsoft computer courses
(IC3) on a daily basis. If you would like to get better at using the
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook or Windows, these courses are for you. If
you have learned to use Microsoft in your...
The Canadian Tourism College online training is a completely internet delivered travel education program that allows you to study at your convenience.The subject content is dictated by the travel industry and designed for two types of learners. The entry level...
+ Information by E-mail