Bachelor International Event Management
- Next start of studies: Bad Honnef: March / September
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Credits: 180 ECTS
- Course language: 100% English
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Study model: on campus
- Campus: Bad Honnef
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Internship: 1 semester at home or abroad
- Study abroad: 1 semester (voluntary, performance-related)
- Admission: High school diploma, technical school certificate or comparable degree; successfully completed Assessment Day; Proof of English skills
Events are a huge global business with many well-paid jobs. Graduates with creativity and the desire to organise things have great opportunities here. With a strong international orientation, the International Event Management programme prepares you for a career in the international event, trade fair and media industry. Potential employers include event and PR agencies, corporate marketing departments, international exhibition and conference organisers, associations, and cultural and sporting events.
Our professors and lecturers attach great importance to the close integration of theory and practice. Most of them have themselves gained many years of specialist and management experience on an international level – and would like to share it. They do this for example through case studies, projects and field trips to renowned companies.
What you will learn from us
The International Event Management programme is practice-oriented and provides you with specific management knowledge for trade fairs, exhibitions, congresses and corporate events, as well as business fundamentals.
- Gain detailed knowledge of specific management and marketing topics – trade shows and exhibitions, congress and corporate event preparation and execution, and strategic event communication.
- Practice-based courses help you understand the event industry from the ground up.
- You deal with event projects, budget planning, financing and event supervision.
- You gain in-depth economic knowledge, including micro and macroeconomics, statistics and accounting.
- You work on additional qualifications such as advanced foreign language skills and organisational theory.
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to bring with you to become part of our university.
Secondary school diploma, technical school certificate or equivalent*
Knowledge of English
Since all our degree programmes are taught in English, proof of language proficiency is required (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge). If you do not have any of the above-mentioned English qualifications yet, they can be submitted later before the start of your studies.
Details on the minimum requirements
*Equivalent qualifications from foreign schools are recognised accordingly. The International Baccalaureate (IB) may also be recognised as an admission requirement. Talk to our student advisory service about this.
As a graduate of the International Event Management programme, you can look forward to a broad professional career with constantly new experiences and challenges
Our professors and lecturers attach great importance to a close link between theory and practice. After all, most of them gained experience at international level themselves – and would also like to pass this on, for example through:
- case studies, projects and internships
- field trips to well-known companies
- dialogues with recognised business leaders within the framework of regular IU Business Talks