: The program consists of 9 courses comprised of six core courses at 3 credits each and three core courses at 1 credit each (total 21 credits).
: It is expected that students will normally complete the graduate certificate program within 1 year. In accordance with university policies, however, all work for the certificate program must be completed within no longer than 6 terms (2 years) from the time of initial registration in the program and within no longer than 12 terms (4 years) for part-time students.
Required Core Courses:
- MTHY 501 Music Therapy Skills, 3 credits
- MTHY 502 Psychology of Music, 1 credit
- MTHY 503 Music Therapy with Children, 1 credit
- MTHY 504 Music Therapy with Adults, 1 credit
- MTHY 510 Music Therapy Practicum with Children & Adolescents, 3 credits
- MTHY 511 Music Therapy Practicum with Adults, 3 credits
- MTHY 512 Music Therapy Practicum with Diverse Populations, 3 credits
- CATS 611 Counselling Skills for Creative Arts Therapists, 3 credits
- CATS 691 Research in the Creative Arts Therapies, 3 credits