Comments about English for Business Course - At the institution - Montreal - Québec
Writing in Context
Analyze professional cultures, social contexts, and audiences to determine how they shape the various purposes and forms of workplace writing, such as persuasion, organizational communication, and public discourse, with an emphasis on
• writing for general audiences and decision makers
• understanding the ethical dimensions of workplace communication
Develop and understand various strategies for planning, researching, drafting, revising, and editing documents that respond effectively and ethically to professional situations and audiences.
Learn and apply strategies for successful collaboration, such as
• working and communicating online with colleagues
• setting and achieving project goals
• responding constructively to peers' work
• working as part of a writing team and/or with a client organization
Understand and use various research methods to produce professional documents
• analyzing professional contexts
• assessing and using information resources
• using primary research methods such as interviews, observations, focus groups, and surveys to collect data
• working ethically with research participants
Select technologies appropriate to the generic conventions of various types of workplace communication, including email, memos, letters, reports, online documents, and white papers.
Learn the generic conventions of the design of workplace documents including
• understanding and implementing various principles of format and layout
• interpreting and arguing with visual information.
Other programs related to Languages for Business