Comments about Bachelor of Computer Science in Computer Applications - At the institution - Montreal - Québec
The Computer Applications option gives the full flexibility for students to combine a solid grounding of hardware and software with another field of study outside the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science.
Bachelor of Computer Science in Computer Applications
This required block of courses gives a thorough grounding in the basics of computer science.
* System Hardware
* System Software
* Mathematics for Computer Science I
* Mathematics for Computer Science II
* Introduction to Programming
* Programming Methodology
* Introduction to Theoretical Computer Science
* Operating Systems
* Data Structures and Algorithms
* Software Engineering I
Option Core and Elective Credits
* Computer Applications
* Computer Games
* Computer Systems
* Information Systems
* Software Systems
* Web Services and Applications
3-Year or 6-Term Sequence — (90 credits)
Elective courses (51 credits):
In addition to the Computer Science Core, students must complete 51 elective credits as follows:
* 6 credits - chosen from Computer Science (COMP) courses numbered above 300.
* 45 credits - chosen from any department with the exception of courses specified in the faculty's Undergraduate Program Guide. At least 24 of these credits must be applicable to a Minor or Major program offered by the Faculty of Arts and Science or the Faculty of Fine Arts.