Bachelor Tourism Management
- Next start of studies: Bad Honnef: March / September
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Credits: 180 ECTS
- Course language: 100% English
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Study model: on campus
- Campus: Bad Honnef
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Internship: 1 semester at home or abroad
- Study abroad: 1 semester (voluntary, performance-related)
- Admission: High school diploma, technical school certificate or comparable degree; successfully completed Assessment Day; Proof of English skills
Travel the road to success
Tourism is a diverse and forward-looking industry that plays an important economic role in almost every country in the world. Experts predict another 70 million jobs over the next decade with a wealth of exciting career opportunities around the world. In Tourism Management you will get to know all aspects of the dynamic and customer-oriented tourism industry while developing your management skills. Successful graduates work for major tour operators, national tourism offices, trade fair and convention organisers, consulting firms, hotel chains and airlines.
Our professors and lecturers attach great importance to the close integration of theory and practice. Most of them have themselves gained many years of specialist and management experience on an international level – and would like to share it. They do this for example through case studies, projects and field trips to renowned companies.
Studying in Bad Honnef
Bad Honnef is idyllically located in one of the most beautiful areas of North Rhine-Westphalia – with direct connections to the metropolis of Cologne and the cultural city of Bonn. There are also a lot of options for recreation during your studies: The island of Grafenwerth, the Siebengebirge and the Drachenfels, which towers over Bad Honnef, offer places to relax or go mountain biking or hiking. And for those you who prefer something a little more exciting: Cologne and Bonn are ideal for shopping, cultural events and parties. To change the viewing direction, simply drag the image with the mouse pointer in the desired direction.
What you will learn from us
- You gain detailed knowledge of structures and organisations in the international tourism and hotel industry.
- You gain practice-oriented experience with topics such as tourism geography, online tourism, tourism law and tourism policy.
- You work on additional qualifications such as advanced foreign language skills and modern presentation and communication techniques.
- You gain in-depth economic knowledge, including micro and macroeconomics, statistics and accounting.
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to bring with you to become part of our university.
- Secondary school diploma, technical school certificate or equivalent
- Equivalent qualifications from foreign schools are recognised accordingly. The International Baccalaureate (IB) may also be recognised as an admission requirement. Talk to our student advisory service about this.
Knowledge of English
Since all our degree programmes are taught in English, proof of language proficiency is required (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge). If you do not have any of the above-mentioned English qualifications yet, they can be submitted later before the start of your studies.
Our professors and lecturers attach great importance to a close link between theory and practice. After all, most of them gained experience at international level themselves – and would also like to pass this on, for example through:
- case studies, projects and internships
- field trips to well-known companies
- dialogues with recognised business leaders within the framework of regular IU Business Talks