Take your place in the commercial or residential building industry. Use your practical skills and background in design fundamentals, space planning, manual and computer aided drafting, interior materials and finishes, and construction fundamentals.
Live The Learning:
* Your classroom is set up like a studio. Prepare working drawing and calculate quantities for materials; research and specify products, finishes and furniture to graphically present floor plans, elevations and perspectives.
* field trips, hear guest speakers and use your industry practicum to enhance your knowledge of professional practice. An industry practicum is the last part of your program.
The Lakeland Advantage:
* Participate in the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) student design competition as part of your classroom work. For five consecutive years Lakeland College students have earned honors in this international competition including cash scholarships and all-expense paid trips to the NKBA's annual show.
* Lakeland College is the only Canadian program endorsed by the NKBA.
* Graduates, with two years of experience, may become affiliate members of the Alberta Association of Architects (AAA) and be known as certified interior design technologists.
Live Your Career As A
* interior design technician in a design or architectural firm
* bathroom designer
* kitchen designer
* designer for builders or developers