BA (Hons) Healthcare Management.
Course Type: Undergraduate
Career Path: Business
Course Category: BA (Hons)
Arden University’s BA (Hons) Healthcare Management course provides you with the skills and knowledge needed to obtain a management-level position in a healthcare-related environment. This course is ideal for anyone interested in becoming a confident healthcare professional, covering the three main themes of Professional Environment and Practice, Operations and Quality Management and Leadership and Management. Students will acquire a range of key skills in different areas of healthcare, allowing you to progress in your current career or kick start a new one.
Not only will you learn about how to become a successful leader in this increasingly important industry, you will also gain a grounded insight into other important aspects such as the social, political and ethical issues in international healthcare. Additional areas covered include financial control, budgeting, business analysis and planning. By the end of this three-year course, students will have learned a fundamental basis of healthcare management that they will be able to apply to allow for the successful operation of services in the industry.
- The BA (Hons) Healthcare management course aims at providing the skills and tools you would need to gain a managerial position in the healthcare field.
- Enable students to gain a fundamental understanding the ever-changing, and often challenging environment of healthcare.
- Facilitating student’s opportunities to explore the different areas of healthcare management, all of which play crucial roles in the successful operation of services in the industry.
- The blended learning element provides high-quality 21st century learning with both face-to-face and online learning taking place
- Prepare students to make informed decisions from a managerial position in the healthcare field.
Year 1 (Level 4):
• Skills for Learning in Care
• Social, political and ethical issues in international healthcare
• Communication and Collaboration in Managing the Professional Environment
• Meeting the Needs of Service Users
• Planning & Managing Resources
• Fostering Dignity and Respect
Year 2 (Level 5):
• Financial Control & Budgeting
• Performance Improvement and Management in Health and Social Care
• Public Health
• Health Promotion
• Inter-Agency Working in Care Delivery
• Leading Teams in Health and Social Care
Year 3 (Level 6):
• Quality Management in a Care Setting
• Business Analysis and Planning
• Global health and Sustainability
• Project Management & Risk
• Research Methods & Final Project
Please note that the modules listed are indicative and may be subject to change.
Having completed this degree, graduates will have a wide variety of options for roles they can succeed in. These include, but are not limited to, care manager, health service manager, charity officer or health promotion specialist.
Possible Course Requirements:
- Two subjects at GCE A level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; or
- For non-standard entry requirements, please contact us
- An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or above with a minimum of 5.5 in each component
Course Duration: 3 years
Campus Based: Yes
Certified by: Arden University.
The Careers Centre at GISMA helps students and alumni fulfil their career goals through a variety of specialised services, and establishes long lasting relationships with alumni and employers.
The Careers Centre does the following:
- Assists students in making connections between their academic experience and chosen career path;
- Offers career related educational opportunities which help students establish career plans and increase their professional and personal development;
- Works with alumni to enhance interactions among former and current students for the purpose of career exploration;
- Strengthens and expands relationships with employers;
- Builds strategic partnerships with local company associations and organises networking events for companies and students at GISMA.