To be globally valued for student success, applied research and innovation.
Educated, skilled and successful learners.
A history of success
Since its establishment in 1960
, NAIT has built a reputation for providing outstanding applied education with a human touch. A number of unique programs and strong industry ties make NAIT stand out:
- Two unique baccalaureate programs developed to respond to industry’s needs.
- Twelve apprenticeship programs exclusive to NAIT in Alberta.
- The most nationally-accredited engineering and applied science programs in Canada.
In addition, program advisory committees advise NAIT on industry trends and the skills graduates should possess.
This means NAIT graduates are in demand – year after year, more than nine out of 10 graduates
are employed soon after they finish final exams.
NAIT graduates go on to do great things. NAIT alumni include:
- the Food Network’s Corbin Tomaszeski (Cooking ’92)
- Canadian Motorsport Hall of Famer, Bernie Fedderly (Motor Mechanics ’67)
- renowned diabetes researcher Dr. Ray Rajotte (Medical X-Ray ’65)
- World Champion curler, Kevin Martin (Petroleum Exploration ’87)
- Hollywood visual effects artist, Bruce Woloshyn (Radio and Television Arts ’84)
With more than 250 full-time programs
, NAIT education spans a wide range of important career fields. Whether you choose to make your mark in business, industry, health care, engineering, IT, the hospitality sector or the great outdoors, NAIT will get you where you want to go. Whichever program you choose, you can be confident that you'll get the attention you deserve, and graduate with the education and skills needed to build a strong future.
Get into the workforce quickly with a one-year certificate,
or choose the more comprehensive technical background of a two-year diploma. Our applied degree programs round out a diploma with additional training and practical experience.
Getting ahead in the real world
You’ve got a day job, a family, a mortgage and a life … ever wonder how you’re going to get ahead?
NAIT Continuing Education can help. Boost your marketability in the workplace with a realistic solution to keeping your skills and your knowledge ahead of the curve.
Part-time options toward certificates, diplomas, applied degrees and professional designations are continually updated and packed with practical know-how that you can use right away.
Moving forward may only be a course or two away, and you can start this winter!
Program or Course?
Continuing Education programs and courses provide flexibility
on when, where and how to take them. Programs are a series of courses leading to some goal, such as a degree, diploma or a certificate. Individual courses are usually offered in the evening and on weekends.