Speak without obligation to
Canadore College of Apllied Arts and Technology
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about Respiratory Therapy Ontario College Advanced Diploma - At the institution - North Bay - Ontario
The Respiratory Therapy program will give you the skill sets needed to enter this diverse healthcare field. You will learn a variety of skills related to the treatment, management and control, evaluation, and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system.
Canadore College reserves the right to place students in any clinical or field placement or combination of placements that are determined to be appropriate. Students must be prepared to travel to and from placements and/or relocate at their own expense for all or part of the placement.
Respiratory Therapy Ontario College Advanced Diploma
SEMESTER ONE: (15 Weeks)
• CMM 125 College Communication I
• PSY 123 Applied Phychology
• PTT 103 RT Equipment - Theory and Practice
• RTT 104 Basic Science for RT
• RTT 109 Introductory Pathophysiology
• RTT 112 Anatomy and Physiology I
SEMESTER TWO: (15 Weeks)
• RTT 120 Respiratory Care Procedures
• RTT 205 Mechanical Ventilation I
• RTT 212 Anatomy and Physiology II
• PSY 200 Growth and Development
• SOC 300 Contemporary Social Issues Through Film
SEMESTER THREE: (15 Weeks)
• CMM 190 Report Writing I
• RTT 125 Arterial Blood Gases
• RTT 220 Pathophysiology
• RTT 235 Cardiac Function Testing
• RTT 265 Professional Issues
• RTT 270 Pulmonary Function Testing
SEMESTER FOUR: (15 Weeks)
• RTT 200 Pharmacology
• RTT 215 Neonatal and Pediatrics
• RTT 225 Mechanical Ventilation II
• RTT 240 Neonatal Resuscitation (*8-hour workshop)
• RTT 248 Anaesthesia
• RTT 250 Rehabilitation and Home Care
• RTT 290 Case Studies
SEMESTERS FIVE AND SIX CONSIST OF A CLINICAL PLACEMENT.
These semesters will provide students with learning in areas such as:
Critical Care Neonatal Care
Pediatrics Home Care
Pulmonary Function Electrocardiography
Acute Care Interdisciplinary
Operating Room Maintenance
At the beginning of the year, you will be given a comprehensive set of objectives which are to be completed during the scheduled time in that clinical area.
This three-year program meets the accreditation requirements set by the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario (CRTO), and carried out jointly by Canadore College and its affiliated hospitals.