Speak without obligation to
Canadore College of Apllied Arts and Technology
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about Recreation & Leisure Services Ontario College Diploma - At the institution - North Bay - Ontario
Canadore’s Recreation program places a major emphasis on learning by doing. Students organize and lead a variety of community events, participate in a number of workshops, and obtain certification in career-related areas.
Work placement is another major component of the program. Under the guidance and supervision of recreation professionals, students complete 400 hours of work placement, including a seven-week block placement in the final semester.
Recreation & Leisure Services Ontario College Diploma
• CMM 125 College Communications
• PSY 100 Foundations in Psychology
• REC 105 Leadership & Program Planning
• REC 106 Community Development
• REC 108 Intro Recreation/Leisure Serv.
• REC 109 Concepts/Principles Ecotourism
• REC 111 Health and Wellness
• REC 118 Fund Raising
• REC 123 Recreation Facilities
• REC 128 Sports and Special Events
• REC 130 Legislation & Risk Management
• SOC 100 Foundations of Sociology
• CMM 190 Report Writing I
• REC 117 Intro. to Recreation Therapy
• REC 214 Admin of Rec/Leisure Services
• REC 218 Marketing Recreation & Leisure
• REC 250 Work Placement - Recreation
• REC 230 Financial Management
• REC 232 Volunteer Management
• REC 234 Leagues and Tournaments
• REC 239 Intro to Applied Research
• REC 251 Internship-Recreation
Note: Prior to commencing placement, the student must have current Emergency First Aid and CPR training and a criminal reference check. The student may be required to provide a record of immunization and tuberculosis test. All associated costs are the responsibility of the student.