Speak without obligation to
Canadore College of Apllied Arts and Technology
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about Recreation & Leisure Services Administration Ontario College Advanced Diploma - At the institution - North Bay - Ontario
This three-year program is affiliated with Canadore’s School of Hospitality and Tourism and is ideally suited for people wishing to pursue recreation careers in tourism and resort settings. The Recreation and Leisure Services Administration program offers students advanced levels of theory and practice in management and administration.
Students complete 100 hours of work placement in the third semester, a seven-week block placement in the fourth semester, and a one-month block placement in the fifth semester. Previous students have enjoyed work placements with: * Municipal recreation departments * YMCA’s * Sport and recreation facilities * Local and provincial sport organizations * Resorts * Cultural centres * Volunteer and community agencies * Therapeutic facilities * Ecotourism and tourism businesses * Fitness centres * Commercial recreation operations
Recreation & Leisure Services Administration Ontario College Advanced Diploma
• CMM 125 College Communications
• PSY 100 Foundations in Psychology
• REC 105 Leadership & Program Planning
• REC 106 Community Development
• REC 108 Intro Recreation/Leisure Serv.
• REC 109 Concepts/Principles Ecotourism
• REC 111 Health and Wellness
• REC 118 Fund Raising
• REC 123 Recreation Facilities
• REC 128 Sports and Special Events
• REC 130 Legislation & Risk Management
• SOC 100 Foundations of Sociology
• CMM 190 Report Writing I
• REC 117 Intro. to Recreation Therapy
• REC 214 Admin of Rec/Leisure Services
• REC 218 Marketing Recreation & Leisure
• REC 250 Work Placement - Recreation
• REC 230 Financial Management
• REC 232 Volunteer Management
• REC 234 Leagues and Tournaments
• REC 239 Intro to Applied Research
• REC 251 Internship-Recreation
• ACC 345 Management Accounting II
• CMM 300 Report Writing II -Hospitality
• HRA 310 Entrepren'l Skills Developm't
• HRA 320 Rational Decision Making
• HRA 325 Leadership Workshop
• HRA 334 Project Management
• HRA 370 Critical Thinking
• REC 300 Work Placem't - Administration
• HRA 360 Labour Rel'ns/Collect. Bargain
• HRA 381 Marketing Management
• HRA 390 Organizational Behaviour
• HRA 393 Practical Business Operations
• HRA 395 Human Resource Management
• MTH 330 Financial Analysis And Practic
Note: Prior to commencing placement, students must have current Emergency First Aid and CPR training and a criminal reference check. Students may be required to provide a record of immunization and tuberculosis test. All associated costs are the responsibility of the student.
Graduates receive advanced standing at several universities and may be able to obtain a degree within a year and a half after graduating from Canadore. Program transfer agreements exist with these universities: Brock, Waterloo, Laurentian, and Athabasca.