This course is an introduction to the trade of plumbing. Students gain familiarity with the hand and power tools used in the field. Hands-on use of the tools and piping materials like copper, cast iron, black iron, and plastics comprise about 50% of the course. Fixture installation is part of this as well. The other half of the course consists of pre-practical training, as well as safety, trade math, and science. The students will be actively involved in the plumbing of a house in the community, working with other trade entry students from carpentry and the electrical departments.
* Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
* Placement on the Entry Assessment Test for English at an 060 level
* Placement on the Entry Assessment Test for Math at an 050 level
(click here for information on this test)
* General Requirements
* Canadian Citizenship, or landed immigrant status
* Students must supply own coveralls, boots, safety glasses, and gloves.
The following documentation is necessary to verify admission requirements:
* Proof of Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status required if applicant not born in Canada.
* Proof of successful reading and math pre-test results.
* Verification of personal interview with the instructor