Comments about Motive Power Technician - Marine and Small Powered Equipment Ontario College Diploma - At the institution - North Bay - Ontario
Subject areas covered in the program include: * Two and four stroke cycle engines * Electrical and electronic systems * Power trains * Brake systems * Steering systems * Applied work practice and procedures In addition, auxiliary equipment such as cutting attachments, blowers and helpful accessories are covered. Students apply the theory and skills taught in the program on modern vehicles and equipment such as snow machines, chainsaws, snowblowers, all- terrain vehicles, lawn mowers, outboards, watercraft, as well as numerous gas-powered and hand tools.
There is a work placement aspect to this program.
Motive Power Technician - Marine and Small Powered Equipment Ontario College Diploma
• CMM 125 College Communication
• PSY 124 Gen Ed
• SPE 010 Work Practices & Procedures I
• SPE 020 Engines & Related Systems I
• Gen Ed
• MSP 012 Work Practices and Procedures III
• MSP 022 Engines and Related Systems III
• MSP 031 Drive Trains, Steering and Brakes II
• SPE 011 Work Practices & Procedures II
• SPE 021 Engines and Related Systems II
• SPE 030 Drive Trains, Steering and Brakes I
• SBM 227 Intro to Business for Non-Business Students
• MSP 013 Work Practices and Procedures IV
• MSP 032 Drive Trains, Steering and Brakes III
• MSP 040 Marine Applications
• MSP 041 Applications Placement
This semester includes 13 weeks in school and a two week work placement.
We have excellent relationships with local employers, which have resulted in generous donations from manufacturers that include Yamaha Motor Canada, Echo Power Equipment, Honda Canada and Suzuki Canada.
Graduates may find employment with companies specializing in the service and repair of marine and small powered equipment, as well as marinas, golf courses and resort operators. Graduates from this program will have the skills to feel confident in challenging the Level I, in-school Apprenticeship excusal exam.