Our EAP program provides you with:
• a 6 level program, that prepares students for direct entry into college;
• initial assessment testing to identify appropriate level of English proficiency and placement;
• highly qualified and experienced teachers;
• a supportive and caring environment that ensures individual success through personal attention and constant feedback;
• class sizes of 20 students maximum;
• the advantages of living in a small town environment, but with convenient access to the major city of Toronto;
• opportunities to explore Ontario and experience local culture;
• 20 hours of instruction per week; and
• a competitive edge that will help you succeed in an English speaking environment.
You will develop skills in:
• reading a variety of formatted texts;
• researching and note taking;
• intensive listening and note taking;
• writing research papers, essays, memos and letters;
• making oral presentations for academic and business purposes (using Microsoft PowerPoint); and
• communicating effectively in all situations.
Since students have different levels of competency, the time needed to complete the program will vary. Courses are designed in 8-week units with start dates in January, March, May, July, September and late October.