ACCT 110 Financial Accounting 1
ACCT 140 Managerial Accounting
BUS 130 Business Communications
BUS 140 Business Info. Technology
BUS 150 Introduction to Management
ECON 102 The Canadian Economy
ENGL 150 English Composition
IBL 105 Indigenous Business Context
IBL 110 Indigenous Leadership I
MARK 110 Introduction to Marketing
BUS 120 Business Law
BUS 141 Business Information Systems
FIN 110 Business Finance 1
IBL 205 Indig. Business Relationships
IBL 210 Indigenous Leadership 2
IBL 280 Community Enterprise Project
Four (4) electives*
* Elective courses are to be selected in consultation with the Program Leader.
* IBL 215 is recommended as an elective.
* All electives must be 200-level or higher level School of Business courses unless prior permission for courses outside the School of Business is granted by the Program Leader.
Progression to Second Year Options
We encourage you to attend 'career options' activities and meet with the department Chairperson or Program Leader responsible for the diploma(s) that you are interested in pursuing after first year. You will be advised to prepare a Personal Learning Plan (PLP) before these meetings as this will help to identify questions for the Chairperson or Program Leader.
You're required to successfully complete a minimum of eight of the 11 first year courses and have completed the specific individual first-year course requirements for the Indigenous Business Leadership Option before being admitted to second year.
Year 1 Indigenous Business Option, plus:
COOP 100 Workplace Education Prep
BUS 101 Co-operative Work Experience 1
BUS 201 Co-operative Work Experience 2
Eligibility for Co-op/Internship Work Experience
* To be eligible to participate in Internship or Co-op, students must successfully complete a minimum of ten of the 11 first year courses, obtain a minimum GPA of 3.0, and complete COOP 100, prior to the first work term (Internship) and all subsequent work terms (Co-op).
Co-op/Internship Completion Requirements
* In order to receive a Diploma in Business Administration, Co-operative Education Designation, two (2) Co-op work terms must be completed satisfactorily.
* In order to receive a Diploma in Business Administration, Internship Designation, one (1) work term must be completed satisfactorily.