* Use safe and acceptable work practices
* Use basic shop tools;
* Use forklifts, jacks, cranes and blocking;
* Identify and use pipe, tubing, hoses and fittings;
* Identify and use bolts, nuts, screws and helicoils;
• Identify bearings and seals;
* Perform fluid and lubricant services;
* Perform basic welding repairs with gas welding, arc welding and wire feed welding equipment.
Trucks and Buses
* Service clutches and torque converters;
* Service manual transmission including twin countershafts;
* Service automatic transmissions and powershifts;
* Service drive lines;
* Service differentials (all styles);
* Service hydraulic brakes;
* Service air brakes (qualify for the practical portion of your air ticket);
* Service wheels and tires;
* Service rear suspension;
* Service steering;
* Service 5th wheels;
* Service air controls and starters.
Track and Rubber Tired Machines
* Service hydraulics;
* Service wheel machine final drives;
* Service undercarriages;
* Service steering clutches and brakes;
* Service winches.
* Identify circuits and systems;
* Service batteries;
* Service starters;
* Service alternators.
Engine Support Systems
* Service fuel, oil, water, exhaust and air systems;
* Perform engine tune up procedures.
Work Experience (3 weeks)