All students majoring in Psychology must complete the 33 credit core curriculum. The number of additional Psychology courses required to complete your degree depends on whether you are in the Major, Specialization or Honours stream.
Core Program: 33 credits
* 15 required credits in psychology, including Strategies of Inquiry in Psychology, Statistical Analysis, Modern Psychology in Historical Perspective, Fundamentals of Behavioural Neurobiology.
* 18 elective credits in psychology: nine credits from Fundamentals of Abnormal, Developmental and Social Psychology and Theories of Personality; nine credits from Motivation, Learning, Sensation and Perception, and Cognition.
Honours in Psychology (Behavioural Neuroscience Option): 66 credits
* 33 Core Program
* 6 required credits in Research Experience in Psychology, Statistical Analysis
* 12 elective credits chosen from the areas of Neuropsychology and Neurobiology, such as Drug Dependence, Learning and Memory, Sensation and Perception, and Motivated Behaviour
* 12 required credits in honours seminars and honours thesis
* 3 elective credits in Psychology at the intermediate or advanced level
* 21 required and elective science credits from courses such as Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology of Organisms, Molecular Genetics, Cell Biology, Evolution, Histology, Cell Physiology, Animal Physiology, Medicinal Chemistry, and Hormone Biochemistry
* 3 elective credits in a department other than Psychology (which may count toward the General Education requirements*).
Specialization in Psychology (Behavioural Neuroscience Option): 60 credits
The requirements of this program are the same as those for the BSc Honours program (Behavioural Neuroscience Option), but without research experience in psychology, the honours seminars and the honours thesis. The same 21 science credits are also required (6 of which must be General Education credits*).
*As part of your elective credits taken from other departments, and depending on your specific program of study, six to twelve general education credits are required in order to satisfy your degree requirements.