Specialization in Journalism: 60 credits
This program is a combination of courses in print, broadcast and computer applications. It is designed to educate competent personnel for the expanding news, public affairs and information programming of contemporary media.
* 60 credits in Journalism including Writing and Reporting, Radio, Television, Legal and Ethical aspects, the History of Journalism, Feature Writing, Editing, Computer Applications in Journalism, Public Affairs workshop, and advanced Computer‑Assisted Reporting
* 30 elective credits from any department
Major in Journalism: 42 credits
* 15 required credits in Introduction to Broadcasting, Writing and Reporting, Introduction to Radio, and History of Journalism
* 27 required and elective credits in either the Print or Broadcast option
* 48 elective credits in any department, some of which could take the form of a Major or a Minor in another department