The major in Community, Public Affairs and Policy Studies consists of the following 42 credits. In addition to completing the SCPA curriculum, students are strongly encouraged to pursue a departmental major.
- 12 required credits at the introductory level in Policy Studies, Economics and Introductory Statistics
- 12 elective credits in cross‑listed disciplines in Communication Studies, History, Political Science, Sociology at the 200, 300 and 400 levels
- 9 required credits at the intermediate level in Public Affairs and Policy Studies
- 9 required credits at the advanced level in Internship, Advanced Seminar and Special Topics in Community Public Affairs and Policy Studies
- 48 elective credits in any department which may take the form of a Major or a Minor in another discipline