Comments about Sport Conditioning Ontario College Diploma - At the institution - North Bay - Ontario
Canadore College’s unique two-year Sport Conditioning Diploma program teaches you the skills and techniques needed to help athletes reach their maximum physical potential.
Students perform 400 hours of work placement, including a seven-week internship at the end of the last semester. Students must be prepared to travel to and from placements at their own expense.
The Sport Conditioning program is designed for athletes, coaches, or trainers who have experience in sport and fitness.port Conditioning Ontario College Diploma
Sport Conditioning Ontario College Diploma
• CMM 125 College Communications
• PSY 100 Foundations in Psychology
• REC 105 Leadership & Program Planning
• REC 108 Intro Recreation/Leisure Serv.
• REC 113 Intro. to Sports Conditioning
• REC 114 General Exercise Protocol
• REC 111 Health and Wellness
• REC 119 Resistance Train. for Athletes
• REC 123 Recreation Facilities
• REC 128 Sports and Special Events
• REC 130 Legislation & Risk Management
• SOC 100 Foundations of Sociology
• CMM 190 Report Writing I
• REC 214 Admin of Rec/Leisure Services
• REC 218 Marketing Recreation & Leisure
• REC 231 Agility,Plyometric & Speed Tr.
• REC 254 Work Pl - Sports Cond
• REC 230 Financial Management
• REC 232 Volunteer Management
• REC 234 Leagues and Tournaments
• REC 235 Science of Sport Conditioning
• REC 255 Internship-Sport Conditioning
Note: Prior to commencing placement, students must have current Emergency First Aid and CPR training and a criminal reference check. All associated costs are the responsibility of the student.
This program will prepare students for these external certifications:
* Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology - Certified Fitness Consultant
* National Strength and Conditioning Association - Personal Trainer
* National Strength and Conditioning Association - Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
* National Coaching Certification Program - Theory Modules A & B
* National Coaching Certification Program - Olympic Weightlifting Instructional Coach (Levels 1 and 2 Technical)
Students will also have the opportunity to acquire other related certifications including: gymnastics coach, High Five, Sport Taping and Wrapping, WHMIS, and Sport First Aid.