Comments about Social Service Worker Certificate - At the institution - Prince George - British Columbia
This program gives you the basic skills and knowledge needed for work as a social service paraprofessional.
It combines theory and classroom instruction with practical experience.
Social Service Worker Certificate
Semester 1 September to December
Semester 2 January to April
- ENGL 103 Composition and Style
- SOC 101 Introduction to Sociology I
- SSWK 145 Communication and Interpersonal Relationship Skills
- SSWK 171 Introduction to Social Services
- SSWK 195 Issues and Principles of Fieldwork and Community: Seminar I
- UT Elective One of PSYC 101, PSYC 102, CRIM 103, FNST 100, WMST 101, or other UT courses, chosen in consultation with the Social Work department and CNC Counselling and Advising.
- SOC 206 Social Problems
- SSWK 142 Helping Skills: Practical Applications
- SSWK 151 History and Philosophy of Social Welfare Policy
- SSWK 196 Practicum and Seminar
- SSWK 199 Practicum and Seminar