Values, Vision & Characteristics
Global. Action-oriented. Academically excellent.
You are unique, so is Webster. From our historic Webster Groves campus to locations worldwide, every Webster University campus is inviting and personal — with an esteemed student-focused faculty. Our programs are flexible and our reach is global; both our students and faculty are from around the world creating a diverse learning environment.
Learn what makes Webster as unique as you are — and how we can provide the quality education, personal attention, diverse community, and global experience you are looking for.
Distinctive student experience
- Students experience an ideal, student-centered environment with small classes and personalized learning
- Students attend from across the United States and from more than 100 countries
- Diversity and inclusion are core values—we offer a welcoming environment
- Distinguished faculty members offer the right balance of global scholarship and professional experience
- Travel awards available – your opportunity to travel to worldwide Webster locations with Webster faculty and students
Webster has an extraordinary history that reflects a commitment to serving people who may not otherwise have access to quality education. Also see the Webster University Archives in the Emerson Library.
Founded in 1915: in St. Louis, Missouri, by Sisters of Loretto, a Catholic religious organization, Webster College (originally named Loretto College) was one of the first Catholic women's colleges west of the Mississippi River. It was progressive for its time, providing higher education to women.