Speak without obligation to
Canadore College of Apllied Arts and Technology
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about Recreation Therapy Ontario College Diploma - At the institution - North Bay - Ontario
Canadore College’s Recreation Therapy program offers you: * Applied leadership, program planning, and supervisory skills and experiences. * Theory and practices for performing standardized assessments. * Documentation procedures as prescribed by Therapeutic Recreation Ontario. * Procedures and strategies relating to leisure education and counselling.
North Bay offers outstanding therapeutic recreation placement opportunities. Students work with a faculty advisor and therapeutic recreation professional to plan and complete 400 hours of placement including a seven-week internship at the end of the last semester. Students must be prepared to travel to and from placements at their own expense.
Recreation Therapy Ontario College Diploma
• CMM 125 College Communications
• PSY 100 Foundations in Psychology
• REC 105 Leadership & Program Planning
• REC 108 Intro Recreation/Leisure Serv.
• REC 115 Disabilities and Aging
• REC 117 Intro. to Recreation Therapy
• REC 111 Health and Wellness
• REC 123 Recreation Facilities
• REC 128 Sports and Special Events
• REC 130 Legislation & Risk Management
• REC 137 Program Design & Supervision
• SOC 100 Foundations of Sociology
• CMM 190 Report Writing I
• REC 214 Admin of Rec/Leisure Services
• REC 218 Marketing Recreation & Leisure
• REC 238 Assessment & Documentation
• REC 256 Work Placement
Note: Prior to commencing placement, students must have current Emergency First Aid and CPR courses and a criminal reference check. Students may be required to provide a record of immunization and a tuberculosis test. All associated costs are the responsibility of the student.