Comments about Recreation Therapist Assistant Ontario College Certificate - At the institution - North Bay - Ontario
Recreation Therapist Assistants help plan and deliver activities and programs to people with illnesses or disabilities. Canadore’s eight-month certificate program will prepare you for entry level practice as a Therapeutic Recreation Assistant in clinical and community-based settings. Program graduates work under the guidance and supervision of a therapeutic recreation professional. Canadore’s Recreation Therapist Assistant program offers students: * Basic skills and knowledge necessary to obtain employment in therapeutic recreation. * A starting point to pursue studies toward a diploma/degree in therapeutic or other recreation related careers.
Students complete over 200 hours of practical experience and participate in a variety of specialized workshops, training sessions, and field trips.
Recreation Therapist Assistant Ontario College Certificate
• CMM 125 College Communications
• PSY 100 Foundations in Psychology
• REC 105 Leadership & Program Planning
• REC 108 Intro Recreation/Leisure Serv.
• REC 117 Intro. to Recreation Therapy
• REC 218 Marketing Recreation & Leisure
• REC 128 Sports and Special Events
• REC 130 Legislation & Risk Management
• REC 137 Program Design & Supervision
• REC 230 Financial Management
• REC 253 Practicum-Rec Therapist Ass't
• SOC 100 Foundations of Sociology
Note: Some agencies may require a police check for program practicum. Student may also be required to provide a record of immunization and a tuberculosis test.
All associated costs are the responsibility of the student.
The program curriculum is designed to offer students the opportunity to obtain a Recreation Therapist Assistant Certificate and a related recreation diploma within two years. Recreation Therapist Assistant graduates are eligible to transfer directly into Year II of any of these diploma programs:
*Recreation & Leisure Services