This is an ideal program for those who would like to embark on a career in office administration.
It provides students with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to enter employment as secretaries, administrative assistants, typists, receptionists, word processors, finance clerks, data-entry clerks and other administrative support positions. The Diploma in Office Administration leads to careers as Executive Secretaries or Administrative assistants in the public and private sectors.
Applicants wishing to apply to this program should:
Record of Achievement Year:
* be 17 years of age or older
* Have completed grade 9 or English 120 and Mathematics 110;
* Submit three (3) letters of reference;
* Submit a letter of interest explaining why he/she would like to enroll in the program
* Have at least 70 high school credits or equivalent, with a minimum of 65% in English 23 and Mathematics 13 OR Have completed English 130 and Mathematics 120;
* submit three letters of reference
* submit a letter of interest explaining why s/he would like to take the program
* Possess a Nunavut Arctic College Certificate in Office Administration or an equivalent certificate from another recognized training institution;
* Submit two (2) letters of reference;
* Submit a current resume;
* Submit a letter expressing your interest in the program;
* Submit transcript of previous training.
Individuals wishing to receive advanced standing, transfer credits, or challenge credit for a course must present their case to the program manager.
Record of Achievement
Record of Achievement, Certificate and Diploma.
This program trains northern residents for employment in business, industry and government as secretaries, administrative assistants, typists, receptionists, word processors, finance clerks, administrative data-entry clerks, executive secretaries and other office administration-related positions. While program completion does not ensure employment, graduates do have more options.