Speak without obligation to
Canadore College of Apllied Arts and Technology
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about Mechanical Technician/Techniques - Machinist Ontario College Diploma - At the institution - North Bay - Ontario
Never has the demand for Machinists been greater than it is today. Now is the time to take charge of your future by enrolling in the Mechanical Technician/Techniques - Machinist program. The program provides theoretical training and hands-on experience with machine tools, plus sufficient computer numerical control (CNC) exposure to teach students basic programming and production work. You will work with standard engine lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, cylindrical grinders and more. The Technician level program continues to include programming, set-up and operation of Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machinery.
Machinist - Mechanical Technician Ontario College Diploma
Semester One (15 weeks): Techniques/Technician
• CMM 125 General Education - Communication
• PFN 100 Personal Finance
• MSO 100 Blueprint Reading - Basic
• MSO 160 Workshop Technology 1 - Theory
• MSO 165 Workshop Technology 1 - Practical
• MST 162 Technical Mathematics
Technician (15 weeks):
• MST 113 Physics
• MSO 220 Blueprint Reading Advanced
• MSO 225 Workshop Technology Theory Intermediate - 2
• MSO 230 Workshop Technology Practical Intermediate - 2
• SBM 227 Small Business Management
Semester Three (15 weeks): Technician
• MS0 370 Workshop Technology Theory - Advanced
• MS0 375 Workshop Technology Practical - Advanced
• MSO 380 Material Handling
• PSY 124 Psychology for the Trades
• WLD 200 Basic Welding
Upon completion of this program you may wish to continue your training by enrolling in one of our day release Machinist Apprenticeship programs. Please see the Apprenticeship section of this publication for more information.
Graduates of this program may receive, at the discretion of the employer, advanced standing in their apprenticeships, based on their on-the-job performance.