Honours in Biology — 72 credits
This program is designed for outstanding students who wish to follow a vigorous sequence of courses in preparation for graduate work or professional training. A high level of performance is required to enter and remain in the program. Requirements are:
* 33 required credits in Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Genetics, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, and Biology of Organisms, together with six credits of independent study in a supervised research project
* 33 elective credits in Biology
* 6 elective credits in Physiology and Biostatistics or Analytical Chemistry
* 18 elective credits in any other department
Specialization in Biology — 60 credits
The Specialization is generally similar to Honours, but no special performance level is required and it does not require Independent Study. Fifty-one credits of required and elective courses must be taken in Biology and nine in Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry. The remaining 30 credits may be taken in any department of which 18 credits must be outside the Department of Biology.
Major in Biology — 45 credits
The Major in Biology is designed for those not wishing a heavy specialization in the subject. The Major is often taken together with a Major in another department, or it may be taken with a Minor. Requirements are:
* 33 credits in Organic Chemistry, Genetics, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biology of Organisms, Analytical Chemistry or Biostatistics, and Cell, Plant or Animal Physiology
* 12 credits selected from groups of courses in Biology
* 45 elective credits in any department which may include a second Major or a Minor in another department (18 credits must be outside the Department of Biology.)
Minor in Biology — 24 credits
The Minor is designed for students whose main interest is in another department, and is highly flexible. Non-science students should have taken CEGEP Biology 301 or the equivalent.