On first impression the exciting nature of the insurance industry does not come across, but around the world, rock concerts, A-list movie stars, sport playoffs along with construction projects and oil and gas ventures all need a professional to provide a risk assessment and identify and secure an insurance policy. And if there is a crisis or natural disaster, an insurance professional will be called in to assess the situation and problem solve. If you love solving problems, the Insurance minor can set you up with an exhilarating career.
Lend a helping hand
This minor doesn’t just set you on the road to a career that is financially rewarding, but a career full of a variety of rewards. Think of the people you can help by safeguarding their financial positions, restoring order after chaos or providing on-site problem solving in a time of crisis.
The Insurance minor prepares you with:
- an understanding of the law, business practices and disciplines related to the insurance industry
- a skill set that is in high demand and therefore high employability
- insurance courses that are well-recognized and respected in the insurance industry
- a fast track to the completion of the Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) and Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP) designations
- strong interpersonal, team and networking skills