Speak without obligation to
Canadore College of Apllied Arts and Technology
Your request has been sent correctly
Would you like to receive information about these related courses?
Just one more thing ...
Some institutions ask us for this data. Please, fill them in
Comments about Welder Fitter - Mechanical Techniques Ontario College Certificate - At the institution - North Bay - Ontario
Enrol in the Welder Fitter program and learn specialized skills in Canadore’s first-class welding facilities. The diverse skills acquired can be used in most industrial applications where the demand for versatile, qualified tradespeople continues. Interesting and rewarding careers exist in welding fabrication or repair shops, mines, mills and construction. This program emphasizes the safe and practical application of all-position welding of plate steel using shielded metal arc (stick) welding procedures. Skill training in all-position welding in gas metal arc (MIG) and gas tungsten arc (TIG) welding, oxy-acetylene welding, brazing and cutting techniques are also included in this program.
Welder Fitter - Mechanical Techniques Ontario College Certificate
SEMESTER ONE (15 WEEKS):
• CMM 125 College Communications
• SBM 227 Introduction to Business for Non-Business Students
• WFP 015 Blueprint Reading I
• WFP 020 Welding Theory I
• WFP 025 Practical Operations - Shop
• WFP 030 Trade Calculations I
• WFP 035 Layout and Fitting I
SEMESTER TWO (10 WEEKS):
• HUM 104 Interpersonal Relations
• WFP 04 Blueprint Reading II
• WFP 04 Welding Theory II
• WFP 05 Practical Operations II - Shop
• WFP 05 Trade Calculations II
• WFP 06 Layout Techniques
• WFP 00 Computer Skills for the Tradesperson
Welder testing for CWB - Plate Certification is available to successful students through the Canadore Welding Test Centre.