MBA IT Management
- Next start of studies Bad Honnef: March / September - Berlin: April / October
- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Study model: on Campus, Smart Entry, Online
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: 3 semesters
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Language of instruction: 100% English
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, professional experience, proof of English language skills
Career springboard MBA
Information technology is constantly evolving, and companies are always faced with new tasks and challenges. Business intelligence, social media, cloud computing or IT security are just a few of the themes here.
Have you already gained some professional experience after completing your first degree and now you want to expand your IT knowledge and general management skills to reach the next level in your career?
Then our MBA with a major in IT Management is the right choice for you. As an IT manager, you ensure that your company's data, information and knowledge are used optimally in order to achieve and develop strategic goals. As an interface between business management and information technology, you are responsible for managing interdisciplinary projects with partner companies, associations or state organisations.
What you will learn from us
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You gain insights into IT governance and information security concepts.
- You learn about the art of deriving IT strategies from existing business processes.
- You examine how key IT services are implemented across different people, departments, processes, and technologies.
- You develop methods for the conceptual design of high-quality software.
- And you receive training in management of projects according to international standards.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Measurement and Management
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
Electives (choose 4 out of 5)
- IT Project Management
- IT Service Management
- IT Governance and Compliance
- IT Architecture Management
- Software Engineering - Basics and Principles
- Strategic Management
- Change Management
- Managing in a Global Economy (optional in semester 2)
- Capstone Project
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- At least 2 years of full-time professional and relevant experience after your Bachelor´s graduation (internships do not qualify)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your options.
What are my prospects
As an IT manager, you are among the most sought after professionals in industry, the public sector and government organisations. After graduation, for example, you can work as a ...
Your career? International
- IT Project Manager
- Scrum Master
- HR Specialist Tech Recruiting
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
Our professors and lecturers attach great importance to a close link between theory and practice. After all, most of them gained experience at international level themselves – and would also like to pass this on, for example through:
- Case studies, projects and internships
- Field trips to well-known companies
- Dialogues with recognised business leaders within the framework of regular IUBH Business Talks