- Next start of studies: Bad Honnef: March / September - Berlin: April / October
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Degree: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Study model: on Campus, Smart Entry
- Campus: Bad Honnef, Berlin
- Programme duration: 3 semesters
- Admission: Bachelor’s degree, professional experience, proof of English language skills.
Career springboard MBA
Are you enthusiastic about aviation? Do you already have work experience, but now want to expand your management skills so you can reach the next level in your career? Then our MBA degree with a major in Aviation is the right choice for you. Alongside important specialist knowledge, we also provide you with relevant business management know-how.
You learn about the main drivers of airline profitability – network planning and revenue management –, acquire knowledge about environmental issues such as noise and emissions, deepen your knowledge of airline and airport financing, and also deal with issues such as human resources, financial accounting and marketing.
What you will learn from us
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You learn how to apply strategic and operative management concepts specifically to international airlines and infrastructure providers.
- You deepen your knowledge of the structure and success factors for value-adding business models in aviation.
- You deal intensively with regulations and measures in the aviation industry.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Measurement and Management
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
Electives (choose 4 out of 5)
- Strategic Product Planniing
- Aviation Policy
- Aviation Simulation Game
- Aviation Seminar
- Controlling Airlines and Airports
- Strategic Management
- Change Management
- Managing in a Global Economy (optional in semester 2)
- Capstone Project
Studying at the IU supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university (3 year programme or equivalent to 180 ECTS)
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- At least 2 years of full-time professional and relevant experience after your Bachelor´s graduation (internships do not qualify)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your options.
What are my prospects
As a future manager you will take on responsibilities in the area of air traffic and logistics. After graduation, for example, you can work as a:
- Air Freight Procurement Manager
- Corporate Strategy Developer
- Process Management Consultant
Our professors and lecturers attach great importance to a close link between theory and practice. After all, most of them gained experience at international level themselves – and would also like to pass this on, for example through:
- Case studies, projects and internships
- Field trips to well-known companies
- Dialogues with recognised business leaders within the framework of regular IU Business Talks