Master in Leadership & Management.
Key information at a glance
- Next start of studies: Berlin: April
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Language of instruction: 100% English
The programme for leaders
Professionals with leadership and management skills must be able to adapt their businesses to rapid changes and, as managers on an international scale, ensure the further development of their workforce. This includes encouraging successful teamwork, evaluation of targets, implementation of measures and the development of processes for the many duties that await you in this exciting environment.
Our international Master programme is the perfect catalyst for a successful career as a manager. Graduates from our Leadership & Management course go on to take middle and upper management positions from project or department management to founding their own companies.
Facts about the degree programme
- Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.)
- Study model: on Campus, Smart Entry, Online
- Campus: Berlin
- Programme duration: 2 semesters (full time)
- Admission: Bachelor's degree, professional experience, placement test if necessary, proof of English language skills
Studying in Berlin
Berlin is Germany’s premier Hot spot: international, intercultural and the leading city for innovation and start-ups – It’s just the right place to prepare for an international career with an English-language Master degree programme. Historical sights, museums, theatres, music and a club scene make Germany’s capital a city full of possibilities. To change the viewing direction, simply drag the image with the mouse pointer in the desired direction.
What you will learn from us
The Leadership & Management Master course builds on your previous business management related degree and deepens your previous knowledge.
- You will gain a deeper knowledge of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will learn about the current challenges in the field of Leadership and Management.
- You can choose to specialise and qualify in your choice of three areas.
How does the course of studies work?
For our two-semester Master's programme you need a Bachelor's degree with 240 ECTS. If you already have professional experience or take our TASC placement test, a Bachelor's degree with 210 ECTS may be sufficient.
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our university.
Aptitude Test TASC
- Bachelor's degree in economics (240 ECTS) or
- Bachelor's degree in economics (210 ECTS) + relevant work experience (30 ECTS) or
- Bachelor degree from other fields (210 ECTS) + Path2Master (30 ECTS) or
- Bachelor degree from other fields (210 ECTS) + TASC
- Final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (3.0)
- At least 1 year full-time professional experience (internships do not qualify)
- Language skills: English, academic IELTS 6.0/ TOEFL IBT 80 points/ PTE 56 points (51 points in each range)
The TASC examination is used to determine if you have the knowledge and skills necessary to successfully pursue the IUBH degree programme to which you are applying. Preparatory study materials are available on our CLIX learning platform to all candidates who will be taking the test. The materials include further literature references and detailed instructions that make it possible to work, for the most part, independently in preparation for taking the test.
What are my prospects
The Leadership & Management Master opens the door for your career in business on an international stage. Here are a few examples of what positions this degree can lead to:
Your career? International
- Change Manager
- Project Manager
Whether it is at a global medium-sized company or at a multinational corporation abroad – the IUBH prepares you well for the global job market. The numbers speak for themselves: 3 out of 4 of our graduates work in an international environment, and every third person works abroad.
Our professors and lecturers attach great importance to a close link between theory and practice. After all, most of them gained experience at international level themselves – and would also like to pass this on, for example through:
- case studies, projects and internships
- field trips to well-known companies
- dialogues with recognised business leaders within the framework of regular IUBH Business Talks