Comments about Education Assistant Certificate - At the institution - Calgary - Alberta
he Education Assistant one-year certificate program prepares you to work in an educational setting with teachers and other professionals supporting children with diverse learning needs. Through the integration of theory and practice, you will develop knowledge and skills to work with children and adolescents who have a range of exceptionalities.
The Education Assistant works with students in inclusive and specialized settings supporting their cognitive, psychological, and social development. Ninety-five percent of graduates of this program find work in their field.
Education Assistant Certificate
Courses in program* (Subject to change)
• Roles and Responsibilities of the Education Assistant
• Interpersonal Relationships and Communication Skills
• Fundamentals of Written Communication
• Introduction to Computers
• Human Growth and Development Across the Lifespan
• Observation and Behaviour I
• Observation and Behaviour II
• Language and Literacy
• Instructional Strategies Across the Curriculum
• Introduction to Exceptionalities
• Working with Exceptionalities
• Topics/Issues in Exceptionalities
• Communication Disorders
• Education Assistant Practicum I
• Education Assistant Practicum II
Note: Some changes in curriculum may occur to ensure consistency with the needs of the employers.