Bachelor Aviation Management
- Next start of studies: Bad Honnef: March / September
- Accreditation: FIBAA accredited
- Credits: 180 ECTS
- Course language: 100% English
- Degree: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Study model: on campus
- Campus: Bad Honnef
- Duration: 6 semesters
- Internship: 1 semester at home or abroad
- Study abroad: 1 semester (voluntary, performance-related)
- Admission: High school diploma, technical school certificate or comparable degree; successfully completed Assessment Day; Proof of English skills
- Study & Fly: Become a commercial pilot
Lift up yourself, where you belong
Bringing customers and goods to their destination in the shortest, safest and most convenient way.
As a graduate of the Aviation Management degree programme, you work for traditional airlines such as Lufthansa and Air France-KLM, for low-budget airlines such as Eurowings, as well as for handling companies, aircraft manufacturers and maintenance companies. Our innovative programme gives you everything you need in the dynamic world of airport and airline business and qualifies you for an international career. Our professors and lecturers attach great importance to the close integration of theory and practice. Most of them have themselves gained many years of specialist and management experience on an international level – and would like to share it. They do this for example through case studies, projects and field trips to renowned companies.
What you will learn from us
As part of your Bachelor degree in Aviation Management, you will learn about the specifics of the aviation industry with its global networks, management challenges and mechanisms. In addition, we provide you with important business knowledge.
- You deal with the financing of airlines and airports and discuss issues of aviation law.
- You learn the principles according to which slots at the airport are allocated to airlines for take-off and landing.
- You deal with marketing and sales in aviation.
- You gain in-depth economic knowledge, including micro and macroeconomics, statistics and accounting.
- You work on additional skills such as business communication and computer applications.
Studying at the IUBH supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to bring with you to become part of our university.
Secondary school diploma, technical school certificate or equivalent*
Knowledge of English
Since all our degree programmes are taught in English, proof of language proficiency is required (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge). If you do not have any of the above-mentioned English qualifications yet, they can be submitted later before the start of your studies.
*Equivalent qualifications from foreign schools are recognised accordingly. The International Baccalaureate (IB) may also be recognised as an admission requirement. Talk to our student advisory service about this.
As a graduate in Aviation Management you are in demand internationally.
Our professors and lecturers attach great importance to a close link between theory and practice. After all, most of them gained experience at international level themselves – and would also like to pass this on, for example through:
- case studies, projects and internships
- field trips to well-known companies
- dialogues with recognised business leaders within the framework of regular IUBH Business Talks