Never has the demand for Machinists been greater than it is today. Now is the time to take charge of your future by enrolling in the Mechanical Technician/Techniques - Machinist program. The program provides theoretical training and hands-on experience with machine tools, plus sufficient computer numerical control (CNC) exposure to teach students basic programming and production work. You will work with standard engine lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, cylindrical grinders and more. The Technician level program continues to include programming, set-up and operation of Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machinery.
Mechanical Technician/Techniques - Machinist Ontario College Certificate
Semester One (15 weeks): Techniques/Technician
• CMM 125 General Education - Communication
• PFN 100 Personal Finance
• MSO 100 Blueprint Reading - Basic
• MSO 160 Workshop Technology 1 - Theory
• MSO 165 Workshop Technology 1 - Practical
• MST 162 Technical Mathematics
Semester Two Techniques (8 weeks):
• MSO 170 Blueprint Reading Intermediate
• MSO 175 Workshop Technology - Theory Intermediate - 1
• MSO 180 Workshop Technology - Practical Intermediate - 1
Upon completion of this program you may wish to continue your training by enrolling in one of our day release Machinist Apprenticeship programs. Please see the Apprenticeship section of this publication for more information.
Graduates of this program may receive, at the discretion of the employer, advanced standing in their apprenticeships, based on their on-the-job performance.